A fringe or border.
- A smooth, lustrous, variously colored deposit, chiefly calcium carbonate, formed around a grain of sand or other foreign matter in the shells of certain mollusks and valued as a gem.
- Mother-of-pearl; nacre.
- One that is highly regarded for its beauty or value.
- Printing A type size measuring approximately five points.
- A yellowish white.
- To decorate or cover with or as if with pearls.
- To make into the shape or color of pearls.
- To dive or fish for pearls or pearl-bearing mollusks.
- To form beads resembling pearls.
- Variant of purl2.