A small roundish stone or bowlder; especially, a stone worn and rounded by the action of water; a pebblestone.
- A small stone, especially one worn smooth by erosion.
- Clear colorless quartz; rock crystal.
- A lens made of such quartz.
- Geology A rock fragment between 4 and 64 millimeters (0.16 and 2.51 inches) in diameter, especially one that has been naturally rounded.
- An irregularly rough, grainy surface, as on leather or paper.
- To pave with pebbles.
- To impart an irregularly rough, grainy surface to (leather or paper).
- To pelt with pebbles.