A small, pointed piece of wood, used in fastening boards together, in attaching the soles of boots or shoes, etc.; as, a shoe peg.
- A small cylindrical or tapered pin, as of wood, used to fasten things or plug a hole.
- A similar pin forming a projection that may be used as a support or boundary marker.
- Music One of the pins of a stringed instrument that are turned to tighten or slacken the strings so as to regulate their pitch.
- A degree or notch, as in estimation: Our opinion of him went up a few pegs after he did the dishes.
- Chiefly British A drink of liquor.
- Baseball A low and fast throw made to put a base runner out.
- Informal A leg, especially a wooden one.
- To fasten or plug with a peg or pegs.
- To designate or mark by means of a peg or pegs.
- To fix (a price) at a certain level or within a certain range.
- Informal To classify; categorize: I pegged her as an opportunist. Why do you have me pegged as the rowdy one?
- Informal To throw.
- To work steadily; persist: pegged away until our luck turned.
- take (someone) down a peg To reduce the pride of; humble.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ആണി - Aani | ani ;ചരക്ക് നിശ്ചിതവിലയ്ക്ക് വാങ്ങിയോ വിറ്റോ വില നിയന്ത്രണത്തില് കൊണ്ടുവരിക - Charakku Nishchithavilaykku Vaangiyo Vitto Vila Niyanthranaththil Konduvarika | Charakku Nishchithavilaykku Vangiyo Vitto Vila Niyanthranathil Konduvarika ;നിമം - Nimam ;കെട്ടുകുറ്റിമദ്യം കുടിക്കുന്നതിനുള്ള ഒരു അളവ് - Kettukuttimadhyam Kudikkunnathinulla Oru Alavu ;മദ്യഅളവ് - Madhyaalavu | Madhyalavu ;മരആണി - Maraaani | Maraani ;