The skin of a beast with the hair on; a raw or undressed hide; a skin preserved with the hairy or woolly covering on it. See 4th Fell.
- The skin of an animal with the fur or hair still on it.
- A stripped animal skin ready for tanning.
- To strike or assail repeatedly with or as if with blows or missiles; bombard: pelted each other with snowballs.
- To cast, hurl, or throw (missiles): children who pelted stones at the neighbors' windows.
- To strike repeatedly: Hailstones pelted the tent.
- To beat or strike heavily and repeatedly.
- To move at a vigorous gait.
- A sharp blow; a whack.
- A rapid pace: galloped away at a pelt.