Denoting pound weight for one thousand; -- used in combination, with respect to nails; as, tenpenny nails, nails of which one thousand weight ten pounds.
- In the United States and Canada, the coin that is worth one cent.
- A coin used in Great Britain since 1971, worth 1/100 of a pound. Also called new penny.
- A coin formerly used in Great Britain, worth 1/12 of a shilling or 1/240 of a pound.
- A coin formerly used in the Republic of Ireland, worth 1/100 of a pound.
- A coin used in various dependent territories of the United Kingdom.
- Any of various coins of small denomination.
- A sum of money.
- One of a set of colored, usually sleeveless shirts worn as a temporary team uniform, as when scrimmaging.
- pretty penny A considerable sum of money: I paid a pretty penny for that ring.