A shed or roof sloping from the main wall or building, as over a door or window; a lean-to. Also figuratively.
- An apartment or dwelling situated on the roof of a building.
- A residence, often with a terrace, on the top floor or floors of a building.
- A structure housing machinery on the roof of a building.
- A shed or sloping roof attached to the side of a building or wall.
- Sports The sloping roof that rises from the inner wall to the outer wall surrounding three sides of the court in court tennis, off which the ball is served.