A certain rate per cent; the allowance, duty, rate of interest, discount, or commission, on a hundred.
- A fraction or ratio with 100 understood as the denominator; for example, 0.98 equals a percentage of 98.
- The result obtained by multiplying a quantity by a percent.
- A proportion or share in relation to a whole; a part: The hecklers constituted only a small percentage of the audience.
- An amount, such as an allowance, duty, or commission, that varies in proportion to a larger sum, such as total sales: work for a percentage.
- Informal Advantage; gain: There is no percentage in work without pay.