The act of percussing, or striking one body against another; forcible collision, esp. such as gives a sound or report.
- The striking together of two bodies, especially when noise is produced.
- The sound, vibration, or shock caused by the striking together of two bodies.
- The act of detonating a percussion cap in a firearm.
- A method of medical diagnosis in which various areas of the body, especially the chest, back, and abdomen, are tapped to determine by resonance the condition of internal organs.
- Music The section of a band or orchestra composed of percussion instruments.
- Music Percussion instruments or their players considered as a group.