To carry through; to bring to completion; to achieve; to accomplish; to execute; to do.
- To begin and carry through to completion; do: The surgeon performed the operation.
- To take action in accordance with the requirements of; fulfill: perform one's contractual obligations.
- To enact (a feat or role) before an audience.
- To give a public presentation of; present: My theater group performed a three-act play.
- To carry on; function: a car that performs well on curves.
- To fulfill an obligation or requirement; accomplish something as promised or expected.
- To portray a role or demonstrate a skill before an audience: The juggler performed atop a unicycle.
- To present a dramatic or musical work or other entertainment before an audience.