A portion of time as limited and determined by some recurring phenomenon, as by the completion of a revolution of one of the heavenly bodies; a division of time, as a series of years, months, or days, in which something is completed, and ready to recommence and go on in the same order; as, the period of the sun, or the earth, or a comet.
- An interval of time characterized by the occurrence of a certain condition, event, or phenomenon: a period of economic prosperity.
- An interval of time characterized by the prevalence of a specified culture, ideology, or technology: artifacts of the pre-Columbian period.
- An interval regarded as a distinct evolutionary or developmental phase: Picasso's early career is divided into his blue period and rose period.
- Geology A unit of time, longer than an epoch and shorter than an era.
- Any of various arbitrary units of time, especially:
- Any of the divisions of the academic day.
- Sports & Games A division of the playing time of a game.
- Physics & Astronomy The time interval between two successive occurrences of a recurrent event or phases of an event; a cycle: the period of a satellite's orbit.
- An instance or occurrence of menstruation.
- A point or portion of time at which something is ended; a completion or conclusion.
- The full pause at the end of a spoken sentence.
- A punctuation mark ( . ) indicating a full stop, placed at the end of declarative sentences and other statements thought to be complete, and after many abbreviations.
- A sentence of several carefully balanced clauses in formal writing.
- A metrical unit of quantitative verse consisting of two or more cola.
- An analogous unit or division of classical Greek or Latin prose.
- Music A group of two or more phrases within a composition, often made up of 8 or 16 measures and terminating with a cadence.
- Mathematics The least interval in the range of the independent variable of a periodic function of a real variable in which all possible values of the dependent variable are assumed.
- Mathematics A group of digits separated by commas in a written number.
- Mathematics The number of digits that repeat in a repeating decimal. For example, 1/7 = 0.142857142857 . . . has a six-digit period.
- Chemistry A sequence of elements arranged in order of increasing atomic number and forming one of the horizontal rows in the periodic table.
- Of, belonging to, or representing a certain historical age or time: a period piece; period furniture.
- Used to emphasize finality, as when expressing a decision or an opinion: You're not going to the movies tonight, period!
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മണിക്കൂര് - Manikkoor ;നിശ്ചിതസമയം - Nishchithasamayam ;അന്തരം - Antharam ;ആര്ത്തവകാലം - Aarththavakaalam | arthavakalam ;മം - Mam ;വേള - Vela ;