A cade lamb; a lamb brought up by hand.
- An animal kept for amusement or companionship.
- An object of the affections.
- A person especially loved or indulged; a favorite: the teacher's pet.
- Kept as a pet: a pet cat.
- Particularly cherished or indulged: a pet grandchild.
- Expressing or showing affection: a pet name.
- Being a favorite: a pet topic.
- To stroke or caress gently; pat. See Synonyms at caress.
- Informal To make love by fondling and caressing.
- A fit of bad temper or pique.
- To be sulky and peevish.