An appearance; anything visible; whatever, in matter or spirit, is apparent to, or is apprehended by, observation; as, the phenomena of heat, light, or electricity; phenomena of imagination or memory.
- An occurrence, circumstance, or fact that is perceptible by the senses.
- An unusual, significant, or unaccountable fact or occurrence; a marvel.
- A remarkable or outstanding person; a paragon. See Synonyms at wonder.
- Philosophy In the philosophy of Kant, an object as it is perceived by the senses, as opposed to a noumenon.
- Physics An observable event.