One who, or that which, picks, in any sense, - - as, one who uses a pick; one who gathers; a thief; a pick; a pickax; as, a cotton picker.
- Agent noun of pick; one who picks.
- Any user interface control that selects something.
- A machine for picking fibrous materials to pieces so as to loosen and separate the fibre.
- The piece in a loom that strikes the end of the shuttle and impels it through the warp.
- A priming wire for cleaning the vent, in ordnance.
- A fragment of gold smaller than a nugget but large enough to be picked up.