- An edible product, such as a cucumber, that has been preserved and flavored in a solution of brine or vinegar.
- A solution of brine or vinegar, often spiced, for preserving and flavoring food.
- A chemical solution, such as an acid, that is used as a bath to remove scale and oxides from the surface of metals before plating or finishing.
- Informal A disagreeable or troublesome situation; a plight. See Synonyms at predicament.
- Baseball A rundown.
- To preserve or flavor (food) in a solution of brine or vinegar.
- To treat (metal) in a chemical bath.