Act of picking up, as, in various games, the fielding or hitting of a ball just after it strikes the ground.
- The act or process of picking up: the pickup and delivery of farm produce.
- Sports The act of striking or fielding a ball after it has touched the ground: a good pickup and throw from third base.
- Capacity for acceleration: a sports car with good pickup.
- Informal An improvement in condition or activity: a pickup in sales.
- Slang An arrest by a law enforcement officer.
- One that is picked up, especially:
- Passengers or freight: Taxi drivers expect good tips from airport pickups.
- Informal A hitchhiker.
- Slang A stranger with whom casual acquaintance is made, usually in anticipation of sexual relations.
- Accounting A balance brought forward.
- Previous journalistic copy to which succeeding copy is added.
- Music See upbeat.
- One that picks up, especially:
- A pickup truck.
- The rotary rake on a piece of machinery, such as a harvester, that picks up windrowed hay or straw.
- Electronics A device that converts the oscillations of a phonograph needle into electrical impulses for subsequent conversion into sound.
- Electronics The tone arm of a record player.
- The reception of light or sound waves for conversion to electrical impulses.
- The apparatus used for such reception.
- A telecast originating outside a studio.
- The apparatus for transmitting a broadcast from an outside place to the broadcasting station.
- Being, relating to, or involving a group of people assembled informally for a temporary purpose: a pickup orchestra; a pickup baseball game.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?