The peel or skin.
- A small pellet or tablet of medicine, often coated, taken by swallowing whole or by chewing.
- Informal An oral contraceptive. Used with the.
- Slang Something, such as a baseball, that resembles a pellet of medicine.
- Something both distasteful and necessary.
- Slang An insipid or ill-natured person.
- To dose with pills.
- To make into pills.
- Slang To blackball.
- To form small balls resembling pills: a sweater that pills.
- Chiefly British To come off, as in flakes or scales.
- Archaic To subject to extortion.