The general and popular term for a firm, upright, insulated support for a superstructure; a pier, column, or post; also, a column or shaft not supporting a superstructure, as one erected for a monument or an ornament.
- A slender, freestanding, vertical support; a column.
- Such a structure or one similar to it used for decoration.
- One who occupies a central or responsible position: a pillar of the state.
- To support or decorate with pillars or a pillar.
- from pillar to post From one place to another; hither and thither.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കൊള്ള - Kolla ;സ്തംഭം - Sthambham ;സ്ഥൂണം - Sthoonam ;തൂണ് - Thoonu ;മേഥി - Methi ;തൂൺ - Thoon ;