One employed to steer a vessel; a helmsman; a steersman.
- One who operates or is licensed to operate an aircraft in flight.
- Nautical One who, though not belonging to a ship's company, is licensed to conduct a ship into and out of port or through dangerous waters.
- Nautical The helmsman of a ship.
- One who guides or directs a course of action for others.
- The part of a tool, device, or machine that leads or guides the whole.
- A pilot light, as in a stove.
- A television program produced as a prototype of a series being considered for adoption by a network.
- To serve as the pilot of.
- To steer or control the course of. See Synonyms at guide.
- Serving as a tentative model for future experiment or development: a pilot project.
- Serving or leading as guide.