- A short, straight, stiff piece of wire with a blunt head and a sharp point, used especially for fastening.
- Something, such as a safety pin, that resembles such a piece of wire in shape or use.
- A whit; a jot: didn't care a pin about the matter.
- A slender, usually cylindrical piece of wood or metal for holding or fastening parts together, or serving as a support for suspending one thing from another, as:
- A thin rod for securing the ends of fractured bones.
- A peg for fixing the crown to the root of a tooth.
- A cotter pin.
- The part of a key stem entering a lock.
- Music One of the pegs securing the strings and regulating their tension on a stringed instrument.
- Nautical A belaying pin.
- Nautical A thole pin.
- An ornament fastened to clothing by means of a clasp.
- A rolling pin.
- Sports One of the wooden clubs at which the ball is aimed in bowling.
- Sports A flagstick.
- Sports See fall.
- Informal The legs: spry for his age, and steady on his pins.
- Electronics A lead on a device that plugs into a socket to connect the device to a system.
- Computer Science Any of the pegs on the platen of a printer, which engage holes at the edges of paper.
- Computer Science Any of the styluses that form a dot matrix on a printer.
- Computer Science Any of the small metal prongs at the end of a connector that fit into the holes in a port.
- To fasten or secure with or as if with a pin or pins.
- To transfix.
- To place in a position of trusting dependence: He pinned his faith on an absurdity.
- To hold fast; immobilize: The passenger was pinned under the wreckage of the truck.
- Sports To win a fall from in wrestling.
- To give (a woman) a fraternity pin in token of attachment.
- Having a grain suggestive of the heads of pins. Used of leather.
- pin down To fix or establish clearly: was finally able to pin down the cause of the disease.
- pin down To force (someone) to give firm opinions or precise information: The reporter pinned the governor down on the issue of capital punishment.
- pin on To attribute (a crime) to (someone): The murder was pinned on the wrong suspect.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കുറ്റി - Kutti ;അപലം - Apalam ;കാല് - Kaal | Kal ;ബന്ധിക്കുക - Bandhikkuka ;ആശ്രയിക്കുക - Aashrayikkuka | ashrayikkuka ;ശലാകം - Shalaakam | Shalakam ;