An architectural member, upright, and generally ending in a small spire, -- used to finish a buttress, to constitute a part in a proportion, as where pinnacles flank a gable or spire, and the like. Pinnacles may be considered primarily as added weight, where it is necessary to resist the thrust of an arch, etc.
- Architecture A small turret or spire on a roof or buttress.
- A tall pointed formation, such as a mountain peak.
- The highest point; the culmination. See Synonyms at summit.
- To furnish with a pinnacle.
- To place on or as if on a pinnacle.