Playing on a musical pipe.
- A system of pipes, such as those used in plumbing.
- Music The act of playing on a pipe.
- Music The music produced by a pipe when played.
- A shrill, high-pitched sound.
- A narrow tube of fabric, sometimes enclosing a cord, used for trimming seams and edges, as of slipcovers.
- A tubular ribbon of icing on a pastry.
- Music Playing on a pipe.
- Having a high-pitched sound: the piping voices of children.
- Tranquil; peaceful: "in this weak piping time of peace” ( Shakespeare).
- piping hot Very hot: piping hot biscuits.