That which smites, wounds, or troubles; a blow; a calamity; any afflictive evil or torment; a great trail or vexation.
- A widespread affliction or calamity, especially one seen as divine retribution.
- A sudden destructive influx or injurious outbreak: a plague of locusts; a plague of accidents.
- A cause of annoyance; a nuisance: "the plague of social jabbering” ( George Santayana).
- A highly infectious, usually fatal, epidemic disease; a pestilence.
- A highly fatal infectious disease that is caused by the bacterium Yersinia (syn. Pasturella ) pestis, is transmitted primarily by the bite of a rat flea, and occurs in bubonic, pneumonic, and septicemic forms.
- To pester or annoy persistently or incessantly. See Synonyms at harass.
- To afflict with or as if with a disease or calamity: "Runaway inflation further plagued the wage- or salary-earner” ( Edwin O. Reischauer).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ദുരിതം - ദുരിതം ;പകര്ച്ചവ്യാധി - Pakarchavyaadhi | Pakarchavyadhi ;പ്ലേഗ് - Plegu ;അരിഷ്ടത - Arishdatha ;അനര്ത്ഥം - Anarththam | Anartham ;മഹാമാരി - മഹാമാരി ;