Any tree of the genus Platanus.
- Mathematics A surface containing all the straight lines that connect any two points on it.
- A flat or level surface.
- A level of development, existence, or achievement: scholarship on a high plane.
- An airplane or hydroplane.
- A supporting surface of an airplane; an airfoil or wing.
- Mathematics Of or being a figure lying in a plane: a plane curve.
- Flat; level. See Synonyms at level.
- A carpenter's tool with an adjustable blade for smoothing and leveling wood.
- A trowel-shaped tool for smoothing the surface of clay, sand, or plaster in a mold.
- To smooth or finish with or as if with a plane.
- To remove with a plane: plane off the rough edges on a board.
- To work with a plane.
- To act as a plane.
- To rise partly out of the water, as a hydroplane does at high speeds.
- To soar or glide.
- To travel by airplane.
- The plane tree.