A broad piece of sawed timber, differing from a board only in being thicker. See Board.
- A piece of lumber cut thicker than a board.
- Such pieces of lumber considered as a group; planking.
- A foundation; a support.
- One of the articles of a political platform.
- To furnish or cover with planks: plank a muddy pathway.
- To bake or broil and serve (fish or meat) on a plank: "Boards specially made for planking food have grooves . . . to hold juices” ( Michael Stern).
- To put or set down emphatically or with force.