Having the power to give form or fashion to a mass of matter; as, the plastic hand of the Creator.
- Capable of being shaped or formed: plastic material such as clay. See Synonyms at malleable.
- Relating to or dealing with shaping or modeling: the plastic art of sculpture.
- Having the qualities of sculpture; well-formed: "the astonishing plastic beauty of the chorus girls” ( Frank Harris).
- Giving form or shape to a substance: the plastic forces that create and wear down a mountain range.
- Easily influenced; impressionable.
- Made of a plastic or plastics: a plastic garden hose.
- Physics Capable of undergoing continuous deformation without rupture or relaxation.
- Biology Capable of building tissue; formative.
- Marked by artificiality or superficiality; synthetic: a plastic world of fad, hype, and sensation.
- Informal Of or obtained by means of credit cards: plastic money.
- Any of various organic compounds produced by polymerization, capable of being molded, extruded, cast into various shapes and films, or drawn into filaments used as textile fibers.
- Objects made of plastic.
- Informal A credit card or credit cards: would accept cash or plastic in payment.