Formerly, a body of men who fired together; also, a small square body of soldiers to strengthen the angles of a hollow square.
- A subdivision of a company of troops consisting of two or more squads or sections and usually commanded by a lieutenant.
- A group of people working, traveling, or assembled together: a platoon of firefighters; buses carrying platoons of tourists.
- Sports A group of players within a team, especially a football team, that is trained and sent into or withdrawn from play as a unit: the defensive platoon.
- To play (a player) in alternation with another player in the same position: platooned the two catchers.
- To use alternate players at the same position.
- To take turns playing a position with another player.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കുപ്പിണിയുടെ നാലിലൊന്ന് - Kuppiniyude Naalilonnu | Kuppiniyude Nalilonnu ;പടര്പ്പ് - Padarppu ;വള്ളിക്കെട്ട് - Vallikkettu ;ഒരു സേനാവിഭാഗം - Oru Senaavibhaagam | Oru Senavibhagam ;കുപ്പിണിയുടെ നാലിലൊന്ന് - Kuppiniyude Naalilonnu | Kuppiniyude Nalilonnu ;പടയണിച്ചതുരം - Padayanichathuram ;