That which is alleged by a party in support of his cause; in a stricter sense, an allegation of fact in a cause, as distinguished from a demurrer; in a still more limited sense, and in modern practice, the defendant's answer to the plaintiff's declaration and demand. That which the plaintiff alleges in his declaration is answered and repelled or justified by the defendant's plea. In chancery practice, a plea is a special answer showing or relying upon one or more things as a cause why the suit should be either dismissed, delayed, or barred. In criminal practice, the plea is the defendant's formal answer to the indictment or information presented against him.
- An earnest request; an appeal: spoke out in a plea for greater tolerance.
- An excuse; a pretext: "necessity,/The Tyrant's plea” ( John Milton).
- Law An allegation offered in pleading a case.
- Law A defendant's answer to the declaration made by the plaintiff in a civil action.
- Law The answer of the accused to a criminal charge or indictment: entered a plea of not guilty.
- Law A special answer depending on or demonstrating one or more reasons why a suit should be delayed, dismissed, or barred in equity law.
- Law An action or suit.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വാദം - Vaadham | Vadham ;അഭ്യര്ത്ഥന - Abhyarththana | Abhyarthana ;പ്രതിവാദം - Prathivaadham | Prathivadham ;വ്യവഹാരം - Vyavahaaram | Vyavaharam ;അഭ്യര്ത്ഥ - Abhyarththa | Abhyartha ;അപേക്ഷ - Apeksha ;