To argue in support of a claim, or in defense against the claim of another; to urge reasons for or against a thing; to attempt to persuade one by argument or supplication; to speak by way of persuasion; as, to plead for the life of a criminal; to plead with a judge or with a father.
- To appeal earnestly; beg: plead for more time.
- To offer reasons for or against something; argue earnestly: plead against a bill.
- To provide an argument or appeal: Your youth pleads for you in this instance.
- Law To put forward a plea of a specific nature in court: plead guilty.
- Law To make or answer an allegation in a legal proceeding.
- Law To address a court as a lawyer or advocate.
- To assert as defense, vindication, or excuse; claim as a plea: plead illness.
- Law To present as an answer to a charge, indictment, or declaration made against one.
- Law To argue or present (a case) in a court or similar tribunal.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അപേക്ഷ - Apeksha ;ഉത്തരം നല്കുക - Uththaram Nalkuka | Utharam Nalkuka ;പ്രതിവാദിക്കുക - Prathivaadhikkuka | Prathivadhikkuka ;വാഗ്വാദം ചെയ്യുക - Vaagvaadham Cheyyuka | Vagvadham Cheyyuka ;വക്കീല്പ്രവൃത്തി നടത്തുക - Vakkeelpravruththi Nadaththuka | Vakkeelpravruthi Nadathuka ;വക്കാലത്തു പിടിക്കുക - Vakkaalaththu Pidikkuka | Vakkalathu Pidikkuka ;