The transfer of possession of personal property from a debtor to a creditor as security for a debt or engagement; also, the contract created between the debtor and creditor by a thing being so delivered or deposited, forming a species of bailment; also, that which is so delivered or deposited; something put in pawn.
- A solemn binding promise to do, give, or refrain from doing something: signed a pledge never to reveal the secret; a pledge of money to a charity.
- Something given or held as security to guarantee payment of a debt or fulfillment of an obligation.
- The condition of something thus given or held: put an article in pledge.
- Law Delivery of goods or personal property as security for a debt or obligation: a loan requiring a pledge of property.
- Law The contract by which such delivery is made.
- A token or sign: "fair pledges of a fruitful tree” ( Robert Herrick).
- A person who has been accepted for membership in a fraternity or similar organization and has promised to join but has not yet been initiated.
- The act of drinking in honor of someone; a toast.
- A vow to abstain from alcoholic liquor: ex-drinkers who have taken the pledge.
- To offer or guarantee by a solemn binding promise: pledge loyalty to a nation. See Synonyms at devote, promise.
- To bind or secure by or as if by a pledge: pledged themselves to the cause.
- To deposit as security; pawn.
- To promise to join (a fraternity or similar organization).
- To accept as a prospective member of such an organization.
- To drink a toast to.
- To make a solemn binding promise; swear.
- To drink a toast.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വാഗ്ദാനം - Vaagdhaanam | Vagdhanam ;സത്യപ്രതിജ്ഞ ചെയ്യുക - Sathyaprathijnja Cheyyuka ;പ്രതിജ്ഞ - Prathijnja ;ന്യസിക്കുക - Nyasikkuka ;ഈടുവയ്ക്കുക - Eeduvaykkuka ;അടമാനം - Adamaanam | Adamanam ;