A small extent of ground; a plat; as, a garden plot.
- A small piece of ground, generally used for a specific purpose: a garden plot.
- A measured area of land; a lot.
- A ground plan, as for a building; a diagram.
- See graph1.
- The pattern of events or main story in a narrative or drama.
- A secret plan to accomplish a hostile or illegal purpose; a scheme.
- To represent graphically, as on a chart: plot a ship's course.
- Mathematics To locate (points or other figures) on a graph by means of coordinates.
- Mathematics To draw (a curve) connecting points on a graph.
- To conceive and arrange the action and incidents of: "I began plotting novels at about the time I learned to read” ( James Baldwin).
- To form a plot for; prearrange secretly or deviously: plot an assassination.
- To be located by means of coordinates, as on a chart or with data.
- To form or take part in a plot; scheme.