Any piece of wood, metal, or other substance used to stop or fill a hole; a stopple.
- An object, such as a cork or a wad of cloth, used to fill a hole tightly; a stopper.
- A dense mass of material that obstructs a passage.
- A usually cylindrical or conic piece cut from something larger, often as a sample.
- Electricity A fitting, commonly with two metal prongs for insertion in a fixed socket, used to connect an appliance to a power supply.
- Electricity A spark plug.
- A hydrant.
- A flat cake of pressed or twisted tobacco.
- A piece of chewing tobacco.
- Geology A mass of igneous rock filling the vent of a volcano.
- Informal A favorable public mention of a commercial product, business, or performance, especially when broadcast.
- Slang Something inferior, useless, or defective, especially an old, worn-out horse.
- Slang A gunshot or bullet: a plug in the back.
- A lure to which hooks are attached, used especially in angling.
- To fill (a hole) tightly with or as if with a plug; stop up.
- To insert (something) as a plug: plugged a cork in the bottle.
- Slang To hit with a bullet; shoot.
- Slang To hit with the fist; punch.
- Informal To publicize (a product, for example) favorably, as by mentioning on a broadcast: authors who plug their latest books on TV talk shows.
- To become stopped up or obstructed: a gutter that plugged up with leaves.
- Informal To work doggedly and persistently: "You may plug along fifty years before you get anywhere” ( Saul Bellow).
- plug in To connect (an appliance) to an electrical outlet.
- plug in To function by being connected to an electrical outlet: a power drill that plugs in.
- plug into To connect or be connected to in the manner of an electrical appliance: The local system is plugged into the national telephone network. This computer plugs into a data bank.
- plug into Slang To cause to be closely attuned or responsive to: connoisseurs who are plugged into the current art scene.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സ്തംഭിപ്പിക്കുക - Sthambhippikkuka ;കീലകം - Keelakam ;പ്ലഗ് - Plagu ;ഇലക്ട്രിക് പ്ലഗ് - Ilakdriku Plagu ;പഠിക്കുക - Padikkuka ;കഠിനമായി യത്നിക്കുക - Kadinamaayi Yathnikkuka | Kadinamayi Yathnikkuka ;