A bag; a pouch.
- Botany A dehiscent fruit of a leguminous plant such as the pea.
- Botany A dry, several-seeded, dehiscent fruit. Also called seedpod.
- Zoology A protective covering that encases the eggs of some insects and fish.
- A casing or housing forming part of a vehicle, as:
- A streamlined external housing that encloses engines, machine guns, or fuel.
- Aerospace A detachable compartment on a spacecraft for carrying personnel or instrumentation.
- Something resembling a pod, as in compactness.
- To bear or produce pods.
- To expand or swell like a pod.
- To remove (seeds) from a pod.
- A school of marine mammals, such as seals, whales, or dolphins. See Synonyms at flock1.
- The lengthwise groove in certain boring tools such as augers.
- The socket for holding the bit in a boring tool.