Of or pertaining to one of the poles of the earth, or of a sphere; situated near, or proceeding from, one of the poles; as, polar regions; polar seas; polar winds.
- Of or relating to a pole.
- Measured from or referred to a pole: polar distance; polar diameter.
- Relating to, connected with, or located near the North Pole or South Pole.
- Passing over a planet's north and south poles: a polar orbit.
- Traveling in an orbit that passes over a planet's north and south poles.
- Serving as a guide, as a polestar or a pole of the earth.
- Occupying or characterized by opposite extremes: "In creative territory [they] make a strange yet ineluctable couple, more complementary, even polar, than twin-like” ( Josh Rubins).
- Central or pivotal.
- Chemistry Relating to or characterized by a dipole: a polar molecule.
- Ionizing when dissolved or fused: polar bonds or linkages.