A native or inhabitant of Poland; a Polander.
- Either extremity of an axis through a sphere.
- Either of the regions contiguous to the extremities of the earth's rotational axis, the North Pole or the South Pole.
- Physics A magnetic pole.
- Electricity Either of two oppositely charged terminals, as in an electric cell or battery.
- Astronomy A celestial pole.
- Biology Either extremity of the main axis of a nucleus, cell, or organism.
- Biology Either end of the spindle formed in a cell during mitosis.
- Biology The point on a nerve cell where a process originates.
- Either of two antithetical ideas, propensities, forces, or positions: "the moral poles of modern medicine: on the one hand, a tinkering with procreation with at best ambiguous, at worst monstrous moral possibilities. On the other hand, scientific skill and cunning unambiguously in the service of hope” ( Charles Krauthammer).
- A fixed point of reference.
- Mathematics The origin in a polar coordinate system; the vertex of a polar angle.
- A long, relatively slender, generally rounded piece of wood or other material.
- The long tapering wooden shaft extending up from the front axle of a vehicle to the collars of the animals drawing it; a tongue.
- See rod.
- A unit of area equal to a square rod.
- Sports The inside position on the starting line of a racetrack: qualified in the time trials to start on the pole.
- To propel with a pole: boatmen poling barges up a placid river.
- To propel (oneself) or make (one's way) by the use of ski poles: "We ski through the glades on corn snow, then pole our way over a long one-hour runout to a road” ( Frederick Selby).
- To support (plants) with a pole.
- To strike, poke, or stir with a pole.
- To propel a boat or raft with a pole.
- To use ski poles to maintain or gain speed.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നാട്ടുകാല് - Naattukaalu | Nattukalu ;യഷ്ടി - Yashdi ;തോട്ടി - Thotti ;ദണ്ഡ് - Dhandu ;ധ്രുവം - Dhruvam ;ദക്ഷിണധ്രുവം - Dhakshinadhruvam ;