The science of government; that part of ethics which has to do with the regulation and government of a nation or state, the preservation of its safety, peace, and prosperity, the defense of its existence and rights against foreign control or conquest, the augmentation of its strength and resources, and the protection of its citizens in their rights, with the preservation and improvement of their morals.
- The art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs.
- Political science.
- The activities or affairs engaged in by a government, politician, or political party: "All politics is local” ( Thomas P. O'Neill, Jr.) "Politics have appealed to me since I was at Oxford because they are exciting morning, noon, and night” ( Jeffrey Archer).
- The methods or tactics involved in managing a state or government: The politics of the former regime were rejected by the new government leadership. If the politics of the conservative government now borders on the repressive, what can be expected when the economy falters?
- Political life: studied law with a view to going into politics; felt that politics was a worthwhile career.
- Intrigue or maneuvering within a political unit or group in order to gain control or power: Partisan politics is often an obstruction to good government. Office politics are often debilitating and counterproductive.
- Political attitudes and positions: His politics on that issue is his own business. Your politics are clearly more liberal than mine.
- The often internally conflicting interrelationships among people in a society.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
രാഷ്ട്രീയം - Raashdreeyam | Rashdreeyam ;രാജ്യഭരണ ശാസ്ത്രം - Raajyabharana Shaasthram | Rajyabharana Shasthram ;രാജ്യകാര്യം - Raajyakaaryam | Rajyakaryam ;നീതിതന്ത്രം - Neethithanthram ;നയശാസ്ത്രം - Nayashaasthram | Nayashasthram ;രാഷ്ട്രീയതത്ത്വങ്ങള് - Raashdreeyathaththvangal | Rashdreeyathathvangal ;