A small, sharp, quick explosive sound or report; as, to go off with a pop.
- To make a short, sharp, explosive sound.
- To burst open with a short, sharp, explosive sound.
- To move quickly or unexpectedly; appear abruptly: At last the cottage popped into view.
- To open wide suddenly: The child's eyes popped with astonishment.
- Baseball To hit a short high fly ball, especially one that can be caught by an infielder: popped out to shortstop.
- To shoot a firearm, such as a pistol.
- To release (a clutch) suddenly.
- To cause to make a sharp bursting sound.
- To cause to explode with a sharp bursting sound: popped the balloon.
- To put or thrust suddenly or unexpectedly: "popping a crisp plump shrimp into her mouth” ( Kathleen Winsor).
- To discharge (a firearm).
- To fire at; shoot.
- To hit or strike: popped me on the head.
- Baseball To hit (a ball) high in the air but not far.
- Slang To take (drugs), especially orally: "To calm a case of the jitters . . . the bride popped Valium” ( People).
- Slang To have (a drink): popped a few beers after work.
- A sudden sharp, explosive sound.
- A shot with a firearm.
- Chiefly Midwestern U.S. See soft drink. See Regional Note at tonic.
- Baseball A pop fly.
- With a popping sound.
- Abruptly or unexpectedly.
- pop for Informal To pay for: I'll pop for the video if you buy some snacks.
- pop in To visit briefly: just popped by to say hello.
- pop off Informal To leave abruptly or hurriedly.
- pop off Informal To die suddenly.
- pop off Informal To speak thoughtlessly in a burst of released anger.
- a pop Slang Apiece; each: Tickets to the benefit were $100 a pop.
- pop the question Informal To propose marriage.
- Informal Father.
- Of or for the general public; popular or popularized: pop culture; pop psychology.
- Of, relating to, or specializing in popular music: a pop singer.
- Of or suggestive of pop art: a pop style.
- Popular music.
- Pop art.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സ്ഫോടകശബ്ദം - Sphodakashabdham ;ടപ്പ് എന്ന ശബ്ദം - Dappu Enna Shabdham ;വീഴുക - Veezhuka ;സ്ഫോടനംശബ്ദം - Sphodanamshabdham ;വെടി - Vedi ;പൊന്തിക്കുക - Ponthikkuka ;