The act or process of populating; multiplication of inhabitants.
- All of the people inhabiting a specified area.
- The total number of such people.
- The total number of inhabitants constituting a particular race, class, or group in a specified area.
- The act or process of furnishing with inhabitants.
- Ecology All the organisms that constitute a specific group or occur in a specified habitat.
- Statistics The set of individuals, items, or data from which a statistical sample is taken. Also called universe.