A cold in the head; catarrh.
- To assume or hold a particular position or posture, as in sitting for a portrait.
- To affect a particular mental attitude.
- To represent oneself falsely; pretend to be other than what one is.
- To place (a model, for example) in a specific position.
- To set forth in words; propound: pose a question.
- To put forward; present: pose a threat. See Synonyms at propose.
- A bodily attitude or position, especially one assumed for an artist or a photographer. See Synonyms at posture.
- A studied attitude assumed for effect. See Synonyms at affectation.
- To puzzle, confuse, or baffle.