Having a real position, existence, or energy; existing in fact; real; actual; -- opposed to negative.
- Characterized by or displaying certainty, acceptance, or affirmation: a positive answer; positive criticism.
- Measured or moving forward or in a direction of increase or progress.
- Explicitly or openly expressed or laid down: a positive demand.
- Admitting of no doubt; irrefutable: positive proof.
- Very sure; confident: I'm positive he's right. See Synonyms at sure.
- Overconfident; dogmatic.
- Formally or arbitrarily determined; prescribed.
- Concerned with practical rather than theoretical matters.
- Composed of or characterized by the presence of particular qualities or attributes; real.
- Philosophy Of or relating to positivism.
- Philosophy Of or relating to laws imposed by human authority rather than by nature or reason alone: "the glaring discrepancy between American positive law and natural rights” ( David Brion Davis).
- Philosophy Of or relating to religion based on revelation rather than on nature or reason alone.
- Informal Utter; absolute: a positive darling.
- Mathematics Relating to or designating a quantity greater than zero.
- Mathematics Relating to or designating the sign (+).
- Mathematics Relating to or designating a quantity, number, angle, or direction opposite to another designated as negative.
- Physics Relating to or designating an electric charge of a sign opposite to that of an electron.
- Medicine Indicating the presence of a particular disease, condition, or organism: a positive test for pregnancy.
- Biology Indicating or characterized by response or motion toward the source of a stimulus, such as light: positive tropism.
- Having the areas of light and dark in their original and normal relationship, as in a photographic print made from a negative.
- Grammar Of, relating to, or being the simple uncompared degree of an adjective or adverb, as opposed to either the comparative or superlative.
- Driven by or generating power directly through intermediate machine parts having little or no play: positive drive.
- An affirmative element or characteristic.
- Mathematics A quantity greater than zero.
- Physics A positive electric charge.
- A photographic image in which the lights and darks appear as they do in nature.
- Grammar The uncompared degree of an adjective or adverb.
- Grammar A word in this degree.
- Music A division of some pipe organs, similar in sound to the great but smaller and less powerful.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
യഥാർത്ഥമായ - Yathaarththamaaya | Yatharthamaya ;പ്രത്യക്ഷമായ - Prathyakshamaaya | Prathyakshamaya ;വ്യക്തമായ - Vyakthamaaya | Vyakthamaya ;സത്യം - Sathyam ;പരമമായ - Paramamaaya | Paramamaya ;സുനിശ്ചിതമായ - Sunishchithamaaya | Sunishchithamaya ;