A metallic or earthen vessel, appropriated to any of a great variety of uses, as for boiling meat or vegetables, for holding liquids, for plants, etc.; as, a quart pot; a flower pot; a bean pot.
- Any of various usually domestic containers made of pottery, metal, or glass, as:
- A round, fairly deep cooking vessel with a handle and often a lid.
- A short round container for storing or serving food: a jam pot; a mustard pot.
- A coffeepot.
- A teapot.
- Such a container and its contents: a pot of stew; brewed a pot of coffee.
- A potful.
- A large drinking cup; a tankard.
- A drink of liquor contained in such a cup.
- An artistic or decorative ceramic vessel of any shape.
- A flowerpot.
- Something, such as a chimney pot or chamber pot, that resembles a round cooking vessel in appearance or function.
- A trap for eels, other fish, or crustaceans, typically consisting of a wicker or wire basket or cage.
- Games The total amount staked by all the players in one hand at cards. See Synonyms at bet.
- Games The area on a card table where stakes are placed.
- Games A shot in billiards or related games intended to send a ball into a pocket.
- Informal A common fund to which members of a group contribute.
- Informal A large amount. Often used in the plural: made pots of money on their investment.
- Informal A potshot.
- Informal A potbelly.
- Informal A potty or toilet.
- See potentiometer.
- To place or plant in a pot: pot a geranium.
- To preserve (food) in a pot.
- To cook in a pot.
- To shoot (game) for food rather than for sport.
- Informal To shoot with a potshot.
- Informal To win or capture; bag.
- Games To hit (a ball) into a pocket.
- Informal To take a potshot.
- To make or shape objects from clay, as on a potter's wheel.
- Slang Marijuana.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പിഠരകം - Pidarakam ;ജലഭ്യത്ത് - Jalabhyaththu | Jalabhyathu ;കുംഭം - Kumbham ;സമ്മാനമായി കൊടുക്കുന്ന കപ്പ് - Sammaanamaayi Kodukkunna Kappu | Sammanamayi Kodukkunna Kappu ;ലോഹപാത്രം - Lohapaathram | Lohapathram ;കലം - Kalam ;