- To make (a liquid or granular solid) stream or flow, as from a container.
- To send forth, produce, express, or utter copiously, as if in a stream or flood: poured money into the project; poured out my inner thoughts.
- To stream or flow continuously or profusely.
- To rain hard or heavily.
- To pass or proceed in large numbers or quantity: Students poured into the auditorium.
- To serve a beverage, such as tea or coffee, to a gathering: We need someone to pour.
- A pouring or flowing forth, especially a downpour of rain.
- pour it on Informal To move or perform an activity at maximum speed or intensity.
- pour it on Informal To speak or express oneself continuously or elaborately.