Being with young, as a female; having conceived; great with young; breeding; teeming; gravid; preparing to bring forth.
- Carrying developing offspring within the body.
- Weighty or significant; full of meaning: a conversation occasionally punctuated by pregnant pauses.
- Of great or potentially great import, implication, or moment: "It was a politically pregnant time in Poland” ( New York).
- Filled or fraught; replete: "This was, from the Party's point of view, both deplorable in itself and pregnant with danger for the future” ( Robert Conquest).
- Having a profusion of ideas; creative or inventive.
- Producing results; fruitful: a pregnant decision.
- Archaic Convincing; cogent. Used of an argument or a proof.