Introductory; previous; preceding the main discourse or business; prefatory; as, preliminary observations to a discourse or book; preliminary articles to a treaty; preliminary measures; preliminary examinations.
- Prior to or preparing for the main matter, action, or business; introductory or prefatory.
- Something that precedes, prepares for, or introduces the main matter, action, or business.
- An academic test or examination that is preparatory to one that is longer, more complex, or more important.
- Sports A contest to determine the finalists in a competition.
- Sports An event that precedes the main event of a particular program, especially in boxing or wrestling.
- Printing The front matter of a book. Often used in the plural.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ആമുഖമായ - Aamukhamaaya | amukhamaya ;പ്രാരംഭകമായ - Praarambhakamaaya | Prarambhakamaya ;ആദ്യമുള്ള - Aadhyamulla | adhyamulla ;പൂര്വ്വഭാഗം - Poorvvabhaagam | Poorvvabhagam ;പ്രാഥമികമായ - Praathamikamaaya | Prathamikamaya ;പ്രാരംഭം - Praarambham | Prarambham ;