An introductory performance, preceding and preparing for the principal matter; a preliminary part, movement, strain, etc.; especially (Mus.), a strain introducing the theme or chief subject; a movement introductory to a fugue, yet independent; -- with recent composers often synonymous with overture.
- An introductory performance, event, or action preceding a more important one; a preliminary or preface.
- Music A piece or movement that serves as an introduction to another section or composition and establishes the key, such as one that precedes a fugue, opens a suite, or precedes a church service.
- Music A similar but independent composition for the piano.
- Music The overture to an oratorio, opera, or act of an opera.
- Music A short composition of the 15th and early 16th centuries written in a free style, usually for keyboard.
- To serve as a prelude to.
- To introduce with or as if with a prelude.
- To serve as a prelude or introduction.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ആമുഖം - Aamukham | amukham ;പ്രവേശകം - Praveshakam ;പൂർവ്വരംഗം - Poorvvaramgam ;പൂര്വ്വരംഗം - Poorvvaramgam ;ഉപ്രക്രമം - Uprakramam ;അവതാരിക - Avathaarika | Avatharika ;