A proposition antecedently supposed or proved; something previously stated or assumed as the basis of further argument; a condition; a supposition.
- A proposition upon which an argument is based or from which a conclusion is drawn.
- Logic One of the propositions in a deductive argument.
- Logic Either the major or the minor proposition of a syllogism, from which the conclusion is drawn.
- Law The preliminary or explanatory statements or facts of a document, as in a deed.
- Land and the buildings on it.
- A building or part of a building.
- To state in advance as an introduction or explanation.
- To state or assume as a proposition in an argument.
- To make a premise.