The sum or amount of money at which a thing is valued, or the value which a seller sets on his goods in market; that for which something is bought or sold, or offered for sale; equivalent in money or other means of exchange; current value or rate paid or demanded in market or in barter; cost.
- The amount as of money or goods, asked for or given in exchange for something else.
- The cost at which something is obtained: believes that the price of success is hard work.
- The cost of bribing someone: maintained that every person has a price.
- A reward offered for the capture or killing of a person: a felon with a price on his head.
- Archaic Value or worth.
- To fix or establish a price for: shoes that are priced at sixty dollars.
- To find out the price of: spent the day pricing dresses.
- price out of the market To eliminate the demand for (goods or services) by setting prices too high.