Highest in rank, authority, character, importance, or degree; most considerable or important; chief; main; as, the principal officers of a Government; the principal men of a state; the principal productions of a country; the principal arguments in a case.
- First, highest, or foremost in importance, rank, worth, or degree; chief. See Synonyms at chief.
- Of, relating to, or being financial principal, or a principal in a financial transaction.
- One who holds a position of presiding rank, especially the head of an elementary school or high school.
- A main participant in a situation.
- A person having a leading or starring role.
- The capital or main body of an estate or financial holding as distinguished from the interest or revenue from it.
- A sum of money owed as a debt, upon which interest is calculated.
- Law A person who empowers another to act as his or her representative.
- Law The person having prime responsibility for an obligation as distinguished from one who acts as surety or as an endorser.
- Law One who commits or is an accomplice to a crime.
- Architecture Either of a pair of inclined timbers forming the sides of a triangular truss for a pitched roof.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പ്രമുഖമായ - Pramukhamaaya | Pramukhamaya ;പ്രധാനപ്പെട്ട - Pradhaanappetta | Pradhanappetta ;പ്രമുഖന് - Pramukhan ;കടം കൊടുക്കപ്പെട്ട - Kadam Kodukkappetta ;principal amount പ്രയോജ്യം - principal Amount Prayojyam ;പദവിയിലോ പ്രാധാന്യത്തിലോ ഒന്നാം സ്ഥാനത്തുള്ള - Padhaviyilo Praadhaanyaththilo Onnaam Sthaanaththulla | Padhaviyilo Pradhanyathilo Onnam Sthanathulla ;