The quality or state of being probable; appearance of reality or truth; reasonable ground of presumption; likelihood.
- The quality or condition of being probable; likelihood.
- A probable situation, condition, or event: Her election is a clear probability.
- The likelihood that a given event will occur: little probability of rain tonight.
- Statistics A number expressing the likelihood that a specific event will occur, expressed as the ratio of the number of actual occurrences to the number of possible occurrences.
- in all probability Most probably; very likely.