To move, pass, or go forward or onward; to advance; to continue or renew motion begun; as, to proceed on a journey.
- To go forward or onward, especially after an interruption; continue: proceeded to his destination; paused to clear her throat, then proceeded.
- To begin to carry on an action or a process: looked surprised, then proceeded to roar with laughter.
- To move on in an orderly manner: Business proceeded as usual.
- To come from a source; originate or issue: behavior proceeding from hidden motives. See Synonyms at stem1.
- Law To institute and conduct legal action: proceeded against the defaulting debtor.
- The amount of money derived from a commercial or fundraising venture; the yield.