The act or process or producing, bringing forth, or exhibiting to view; as, the production of commodities, of a witness.
- The act or process of producing: timber used for the production of lumber and paper.
- The fact or process of being produced: a movie going into production.
- The creation of value or wealth by producing goods and services.
- The total output, as of a commodity: increased production at the plant.
- Something produced; a product: "Of all the productions of land, milk is perhaps the most perishable” ( Adam Smith).
- A work of art or literature.
- A work produced for the stage, screen, television, or radio.
- A staging or presentation of a theatrical work: a new Broadway production of a musical.
- A situation or display that is exaggerated or unduly complicated: made a production out of the birthday party.